[Empeg-general] Re: Problem: Sound Quality with FM Modulator

jules@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org jules at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 15:46:00 GMT

FTP222,

Great! How much did you pay to have the pocket below the OEM head unit trimmed to take the Empeg?  Did you have any brackets especially made? Were you able to install it so that the Empeg is flush or so that the metal lips in the sled are flush? Is any of the sled metal visible from any angle when the Empeg is inside the sled (e.g. from the side)? As I had mentioned, I had a local store attempt the same thing but the results are not that great. I have an extra pocket that has not been touched. I'm wondering whether the guy who trimmed your pocket could do the same for mine if I send it. I would really like to see pictures of your install, with and without the Empeg in the sled. At the very least I could go to the fancy store that did mine and show them the pictures, so they can't keep saying that mine was done as best as could possibly be done.