[Empeg-general] Re: Problem: Sound Quality with FM Modulator

ftp222@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org ftp222 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:07:00 GMT

My total install price was $225 and is broken out below.

2 Antenna adapters:  $30
FM Modulator:  $50
FM Modulator Install Labor:  $60
Additional Labor (I think this is the Pocket):  $85

The totals were not broken down on the invoice, but the top 3 items were quoted to me, so the rest must be the labor and time involved in cutting the pocket.  This isn't bad considering my car was the only one in his shop and it took most of the day!

I am not sure how the brackets were made since I didn't get to see the install go back together, but from how it was described, the rails from the pocket were cutt off and mounted around the docking sled.  This must have taken a long time as I'm sure you've seen how the rails were a part of the pocket.

I have attached another picture with the docking sled removed.  The sled appears to be almost completely flush with the dash, which is extremely impressive!  When the Empeg is inserted, you can see no metal whatsoever from the sides, top, or bottom!  The installer also spray painted the some of the sled black to match the dash, unfortunately some of this is chipping away, so I need to get some paint that will not do this and do a quick touch up.

I am not sure if he would be able to form the pocket without the car here, but I can check with him.  But definately show your installer the pictures and let me know what they have to say.

If you wouldn't mind, could you post a picture of your install?  Also where did you get the spare pocket and how much was it?  I am going to have to get one for when I get rid of the car, so I might as well take care of it sooner than later.

Hopefully this helps out.
Matt