[Empeg-general] Re: Can you change the static Picture with.........

mtempsch@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org mtempsch at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 22:21:00 GMT

It definately is getting late here ...

Bitt, I can't seem to download the modified source, could you try reposting that?
And a big thank you for compiling it!

So, for any one else wanting to try this, here's what I did.

Stick the image you want in the DC part of LogoEdit and save as a .bin file (4100 bytes).
Put that image file and the setvisual binary into /empeg/bin (I used ftp, you could rz too).
Got to the shell on the player (serial connection, q etc) and then (setvisual prompts in italic, entered in bold)

cd /empeg/bin
chmod 755 setvisual (if you didn't chmod it via yor ftp client)
cp player player.org (backup the original player binary)
./setvisual
found static visual bitmap at offset 1121892; replace? [Y/N]
bitmap filename :
name_of_imagefile.bin
found startup-logo bitmap at offset 1130848; replace? [Y/N]
N (didn't replace the small empeg logo top right on player start)

Don't forget to remount disks ro before rebooting

/Michael