[Empeg-general] Re: No Hard Disc Found Contact Support

Neutrino@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Neutrino at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:43:00 GMT

I also have the same problem. The Mk2a originally came with a fujitsu 30 gb drive. I had a number of different issues occuring with this drive so while I was waiting to receive a new cable I replaced it with a 12gb hitachi drive I had laying around. Well, the problems all disappeared. I had also installed the latest versions of Hijack with the jiffy fix installed. When the cable came I installed it just to be sure. After it worked well in this configuration for a while and I was getting close to filling my 12gb drive. I added the 30 back to the system. I am now experiencing occasional pauses in music, can't find drive error, and other strange phenomenon. I'm pretty sure that the fujitsu drive has a problem. FYI, I also did the builder process on both drives before installing them. I also did it on the 30 before I removed it just to eliminate any chance of drive corruption as the cause of my woes. I also installed the jumper when adding the 30 the make it the slave(drive1).