[Empeg-general] Re: Playlist Navigation

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:21:00 GMT

I agree (to a certain extent -- I don't think I'd be quite as harsh).

IMHO, a lot of the issues people have would be solved if the player remembered the original playlists that were added to the playing order, so that the playing order would have a list of songs and other lists, which could contain the same.  I don't know if that sort of recursion was deemed too resource-consuming or if it was a design choice, but if it remembered that you had added the entire Beatles catalog, it would be much easier to skip from ``Meet the Beatles'' to ``Abbey Road''.

Of course, that could conceivably play havoc with shuffles if not handled properly, and it is a big deal, but it's something that I would definitely like to see in the post-2.0 world.