[Empeg-general] The word "the"

yn0t_@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org yn0t_ at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 06:03:00 GMT

Informal survey here...  Who here uses the word "The" in their artist names?  Like, I know the Empeg is intelligent enough to skip it in searches, but it still shows up way down the list in a fuzzy match...  Like, if I search for "Doors" when my artist fields contain "The Doors", it's not right after Don Henley and before Doug E. Fresh, it's instead at the end of the list.  I consider this a bit of a bug.  Furthermore, artist playlists with the "The" included will be alphabetized with the T's instead of being in the right place.

So the solution would be to use "Doors", "Beatles", "Who" instead of their "The" counterparts.  The problem is that looks strange because the name of the band really does include "The".  So it's a bit of a predicament...  Better alphabetization or more accurate band names.

How do you all handle this?  To "the" or not to "the"?