[Empeg-general] Amplified antenna adapter for VW

fusto@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org fusto at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:29:00 GMT

My 1995 A3 Golf GTI has the roof mounted amplified antenna.
In trying to figure out how to power it, I've discovered that it's powered by the antenna cable itself.

So I got the special Scosche adapter referred to in the FAQ from sounddomain.com.
Just got it today in fact.

In looking at it I realized that the plug on one of the ends is the wrong type.
Heres what I got:
http://aramis.dieselmachine.com/adapter.jpg

I couldnt find any other adapters out there to power the antenna so I dont think I got the wrong one, but now do I need an adapter for my adapter?

Anybody else out there with a roof mounted antenna that needed power from the antenna wire itself?
Any other VW GTI owners?
Just wondering what I need to do now...
Z~