[Empeg-general] Re: Sorry about our Canadian Friends...

hybrid8@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org hybrid8 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:01:00 GMT

The majority (vast majority) of CDRs do not ever get used for music.  We go through countless numbers of CDRs in the office.  None are for music.  I've been through 100 discs in the past year for my own personal use.  None were for music.

I haven't read the full text of the proposal, but this smells like what was attempted before, only now they've applied it to more than just recordable optical media.  Will it apply to all bare hard disks?  All flash storage products?  If it were an MP3-only problem it wouldn't have as big an impact.  Manufacturers would be selling a lot more players bare.  If they stick this to all the media, in it basic form, this is a problem of the worst porportions imaginable.

Bruno