[Empeg-general] Re: Custom fascias

hybrid8@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org hybrid8 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:11:00 GMT

Phew, I had to scroll all the way to the bottom before I found my favourite one.  The wide cut done in aluminum.

I like the fact that the face is thinner and allows a near-flush layering with the lense.  But ideally it would also be nice to push the whole assembly forward so it would line up better with the handle.  Especially on the Mk2, IMO.  Obviously it can be done fairly simply by replacing the stand-offs with longer ones, but that leaves the top and side edges of the player open.  Again speaking ideally, it woud be nice to have the edges of the face curved or bent back (at the same time not leaving unjoined or sharp corner seams).

Let me know if you have any aditional info to share.  Hopefully this thread will inspire some new discussion about replacement faces and give you enough interested parties to try some of your current ideas.

Bruno