[Empeg-general] Re: Comments field in your ID3 tag?

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 05:50:00 GMT

There's nothing that the empeg player software does with the comment field, so there's nothing really clever you CAN do with it.

It's truncated to something like 240 bytes when dropped into emplode, so you can't do things like store lyrics or any other long text in it, so it's useless in that respect.

I posted an idea in the programming forum that we might be able to use it as a way to signal Hijack to pick an EQ preset or a specific visual on a per-song basis, but that idea hasn't gone anywhere.