[Empeg-general] Re: Just ordered another from Sonic Blue

nullcore@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org nullcore at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:35:00 GMT

in reply to SE's post, the $300 at half was for a 10gb, not a 20 [unless you're referring to the unit i actually ordered from the sb store].  $300 for a 10gb is still a decent price, but nowhere near the sb store price of $199 [i think... correct me if i'm wrong] when they were liquidating inventory.

but don't get me wrong.  anything you pay for an empeg nowadays is a steal when you compare the original retail prices.  i'm just glad i almost, finally, have one.

and thanks for the welcome.  i got my shipping confirmation in my inbox a few hours ago.

btw, nobody's bought the half.com unit yet.  maybe there's something i'm not seeing.  if people are willing to buy them at $350 unopened, i'd think they'd be willing to save $50 and buy one that's been played with for half an hour.

maybe nobody's reading this thread anymore.