[Empeg-general] Re: Sorry about our Canadian Friends...

canuckInLA@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org canuckInLA at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:24:00 GMT

I wouldn't. The only hard disk I have that's used for storing MP3s is the one in my empeg, and those MP3s all fall under the non-infringing backup of media (i.e. single copy of CDs that I've purchased) that's allowed by law. I don't believe I should be required to give extra money to the RIAA when purchasing items that have naught to do with the RIAA or even music because I "might" break the law. Doesn't that fundamentally go against the innocent till proven guilty tenet that the US criminal law (which copyright infringement falls under) is built upon?