[Empeg-general] Interference on 2nd head unit tuner.....

Andy Fox Bagpuss at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:18:00 GMT

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has seen this in an Empeg install.

I've just taken delivery of my new car (Golf GT TDi), and have gone for a two head unit install.

I have the Empeg in the lower slot, and a Kenwod KDC-8090R in the upper. The front pre-amp output of the Empeg is connected to the AUX-IN of the Kenwood.

Everything works fine when playing MP3s, the sound quality is great.

Unfortunately, when I listen to the tuner in the Kenwood, there is a lot of white noise interference on both AM and FM bands. This interference goes away if I remove the Empeg from it's cradle.

Interestingly, the interference is worse when the Empeg is in standby, then when it is playing.

I have got an antenna adapter fitted to power the VWs bee sting aerial, so this is not the problem.

I've also tried re-routing the wiring (as best as I can) to no effect.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy.