[Empeg-general] Tempermental No Hard Disk

njdboy@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org njdboy at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 05:10:00 GMT

A few days ago, after having my player for about a month, I got the "no hard disk" found error when starting my car. I went to work thinking my player was screwed and I read how it is probably needing a new hard drive cable, as there were problems with some that went out.

When I left work, the player was working again and all was good for a few days. Yesterday, the same error came back when I started the car to go to work. Yet again, when I left work the player was fine and booted up.

Why is it that it suddenly starts working again? I didn't remove it or anything. It was in the same position the whole day. I don't have a problem replacing the hard drive cable,  but is it really the cable if the player was not moved between not working and working?

I contacted Dave at customer support and he is sending me a new cable. I guess I will go ahead and change it, but it that really the cause of all this?

Any light on the subject is appreciated.

p.s. I upgraded to 2.0 beta 11 before all of this started happenin, but it ran for a couple weeks fine on the beta version.