[Empeg-general] Re: New Prick CD : didn't know where to post this.

SE_Sport_Driver@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org SE_Sport_Driver at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 04:47:00 GMT

Yeah, I knew the double meaning of Prick (was a big surprised when I was really young and my mom got mad at me for using the word!  It doesn't have much punch here in the US - in contrast to the work "cock" - yet not as silly as "wanker").  My surprise was the extent to which the web was populated by porn.  I really had no idea there would be THAT much porn and that I could access it from a school library!  (on my first day on campus nonetheless!)

For the record, I'm not a Rush fan (I should have setup a new user ID to post this huh? Suddenly it will take weeks before anyone will reply to "that jack ass, Rush knockin' SE Sport Driver!")  So I can't really tell you what Rush era it reminds me of.  I'll have to ask my wife, she's a big fan.  But this Prick stuff leans much more on the NIN aspect of it.  Think of it as a NIN type album (has some substance like NIN - NOT like all the NIN wannabe bands) with a touch of Rush.  It is hard edged at times, but something about his vocal style....  I recommend downloading samples first otherwise you'll hate me!

Bitt: Good joke!