[Empeg-general] Re: Startup sound on ignition

DomoKun@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DomoKun at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:13:00 GMT

I've downloaded and installed the mod player from http://www-new.incase.de/files/empeg/mod_player.tar.gz When I try to play a file with it pauses for the amount of time it takes to play the file, but I get no audio. I've tried it on various different files ranging from a few seconds to a few minutes, but there is just no sound.

I've found this entry in the readme file:

-  No sound can be heard
-< Run the default player once (make sure you actually hear something),
   stop it, then use the module player. (the DSP seems to need
   initialization after a certain idle time

It seems this program would be useless to me if the DSP isn't initialized during start up. But I did try running the player software and then quitting back into the shell. The empeg player works fine, but I still get no audio from the mod player. Do you have any suggestions or does anyone else know of a different player I could use?