[Empeg-general] Re: Playlist Navigation

Dragi Raos draos at 4mate.hr
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 23:12:00 GMT

I know the above [about listening to all Pink Floyd albums but skiping ove one or two] is just an example, Bitt, but the way I deal with that is quick and easy - a long press of "3" on the remote removes the whole album from the playlist and continues playing from the start of the next. Though I still can't understand why you'd want to miss out DSotM...

While I usually listen to my empeg in Tony the FAQmaster's  fashion (or, if I want to listen to something specific, well, I select something specific), I also employ the 'hate' feature here and there, mostly in the 'Pink Floyd' situation described above.

However, how about a little addition to player software which I think would come halfway to Bitt desires without excessive rewriting: keep in running order boundaries of 'batches' of added groups of tunes (ideally, if a playlist was added, also boundaries of child playlists) - obviously, also provide a way to skip to next/previous boundary mark. That way one could decide one want to listen to Roger Water's solo albums, appent Pink Floyd ones, and then skip over Animals.

What do you think?