[Empeg-general] Question about the Negative Spike diode fix...

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:15:00 GMT

Let's suppose that I wanted to put the Negative Spike diode fix (described and illustrated here in the FAQ) onto my Mk2 player as part of a debugging effort.

But let's say I didn't feel like ripping apart my dash to get to the wiring behind the sled to add the diode.

And let's also assume that I was going to be working inside the player itself anyway (to add the dimmer capacitor fix).

Can the diode fix be easily applied inside the player's casing? Is it pretty obvious which pin it is? Is there enough space for the diode in there?