[Empeg-general] Re: Ripping Real Audio files to MP3

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:13:00 GMT

I have never had a problem saving the movie trailers at the apple site. I just click on the little arrow in the lower-right corner and there is a "save as quicktime movie" option there. I've saved many movie trailers that way.

To answer the broader question: Quicktime and Windows Media are the same as RealAudio in this respect. The server operator chooses to either make it in a streaming-only format, or to make it in a save-to-hard-disk format. If the server operator doesn't want you saving the file, there won't be an option for doing it. The only programs which will save for you in those instances will be bootleg programs. I can't help you with locating copies of bootleg software.