[Empeg-general] Re: Ripping Real Audio files to MP3

NiCKEL@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org NiCKEL at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:33:00 GMT

I have a copy of streambox VCR. There is another utility, can't recall the name, that sniffs the network and shows any Real Media URL's as they pass by on the wire.

If anyone would like to look at it, for educational purposes only, I can whip you over a copy if you mail me.

There are also numerous sites hosting the program if you try google. Unfortunately, the last version of streambox won't connect to current Real Servers as it identifies itself as streambox. I hex edited my copy so it claims to be real player and it worked against the demo version server I am using at home.

I don't encourage swiping streams without consent.