[Empeg-general] Re: New Prick CD : didn't know where to post this.

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:04:00 GMT

The remasters are generally good. However, I take a slight issue with the remastered Power Windows. The original recording was slightly harsh and fatiguing to listen to. The remaster simply makes it a tad harsher and more fatiguing to listen to.

Still, the slight additional presence and clarity of the remaster means that it's the one I've ripped for my player.

I wonder if there's a such thing as a "warming" algorithm available as a digital signal processing tool? Something to make a harsh, strident recording sound warmer? Something other than just re-EQ'ing the recording, I mean an overall analysis and re-shaping of the sonic structure.