[Empeg-general] Auto-shuffle

wfaulk@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org wfaulk at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 05:40:00 GMT

I feel like I should know this, but I can't find anything in the FAQ and I can't figure out a good search on the BBS, so here goes:

There's an option that can be set on a playlist called ``Always randomize contents''.  This seems to randomize the next lower level only, so that if you selected it on ``Nirvana'', it would play ``Bleach'', ``Nevermind'', etc. in random order, but each album would have the tracks in their natural order.  This is cool.

However, I want to be able to get it to play all of the tracks within a playlist in random order.  Selecting ``100 percent of tracks at random'' doesn't seem to do it either (also only deals with only the next level, maybe?).  I recognize that I can manually turn on ``Shuffle'' mode, but it seems like I ought to be able to mark a playlist to do this.

Am I missing something?