[Empeg-general] Re: The word "the"

peter@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org peter at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:51:00 GMT

Damn. I can already smell the prices I'll have to pay for "Import" titles at a local HMV (Canada).

Auntie Aubrey goes for US$20 on Amazon US (or you could pay US$40 for an import version with exactly the same track list). It's £20 from Amazon UK, so that sounds like a deal to me.

Amazon US have a remarkable deal on imports of Stone Roses The Remixes: "List Price $26.99 Our Price $26.99" (sic) but the US$47 you'd pay for both albums is still only about the same as the £32 they'd cost from Amazon UK.

I guess you'd have to pay more to get them exported to Canada though (unless there's an amazon.ca I don't know about).

Peter