[Empeg-general] Re: Which is faster? Jemplode vs Emplode

peter@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org peter at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:56:00 GMT

The Empeg guys should seriously consider an FTP-like model (control channel separate from download channel) and just dump raw bytes for the actual upload and download.

That's exactly what 2.0 does (on Ethernet, at least), and why it's faster than 1.0.

Peter

PS. Some people use "download" to mean the PC-to-empeg direction, and some to mean the empeg-to-PC direction. ("Can I download songs from my player?"). Following at least two important Sonic Blue meetings where people got confused, I nowadays always use the words "store" and "fetch" to make it obvious which direction I'm talking about.