[Empeg-general] Re: EAC isn't saving my ID3 tags.

Sven Mueller sven at incase.de
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 16:52:00 GMT

Hi.

Sven, I forget if it is Jackie from Audiograbber or the guy from EAC, but one of them signs their posts as cu, xxxx like you! It reminded me of you right away. A fellow Swede?

I just checked, and Andre Wiethoff (EAC's author) does so. Simple coincedence I would say.

Could you tell me how to do the backlog? I would love to be able to stop encoding in the background, turn off my computer, go home and continue. Right now, if I do that, the ID3 tags are not made, so I have to use MusicMatch or something to generate the tags based on filename (a minor pain).

I haven't actually tried that so far, I only ripped two or three CDs since that backlog saving feature was introduced, so no need for me to use that feature arose yet. However, if I understood Andre correctly, it _should_ do the id3 tagging when resuming the encode process. Subscribe to eac@yahoogroups.com and report the problem, Andre is quite responsive on problem reports there. Don't let Auguste Lebrun (about the tfabris of the eac group, only worse) confuse you though. He frequently gives wrong answers (that's why I say he is worse than tfabris).

cu,
sven

PS: Tony, please don't misunderstand me, you have almost always given correct answers to problems, and this board wouldn't be quite the same without you. You just happen to have a habit of telling people that your way to use the empeg is the only right way (which I disagree upon).