[Empeg-general] Re: Question about the EQ visualizations...

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:50:00 GMT

I'm only referring to the strict linear spectrum analyzers in this discussion, not the event view or log displays. In other words, Spectrometer 16/32/64/128, StereoSpec, etc. As far as I know, their scales are perfectly linear, and for most music, you'll see that they are "left heavy".

For all other visuals, they seem to be properly compensated so that they look good.

Now that I think about it...

Toby, are the "Log" displays already the other visual I was asking for? I thought that "log" meant that the "bounce" response of the bands was logarithmic. But now that I look at them, is the frequency coverage logarithmically compensated, too?