[Empeg-general] Re: Question about the EQ visualizations...

Prolux Real Time Visuals prolux at empeg.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:30:00 GMT

The Aux input is no better a test than an MP3 as it is sampled at 29,400 Hz which gives you a top frequency of 14.7Khz, even lower than the MP3 cutoff.

The logarithmic spectrum analysers (SpectroLog 128 and family) are all corrected with the base of human hearing curve.  This effectively reduces the low and high frequency contribution and boosts the mid-range frequencies.  The curve is widely available for download and analysis but I can't remember where I found it.

The region in which the curve boosts the signal is in fact the predominantly in the human voice frequency region.