[Empeg-general] Re: Question about the EQ visualizations...

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:59:00 GMT

Hey, Toby, you know what would be a fun variation on the Log visuals?

You could have a small text number flash and then fade out for some of the highest peaks. For instance, you might see a big peak appear on the spectrum, and at the top tip of that peak, a little number would appear on the screen showing the exact frequency number of that peak. Then the number would fade out or dissolve while the music kept playing. Then when another really big peak appeared, then another number would flash at the tip of that peak, and so on.

You could play around with the sensitivity of the peak detection and the factors controlling the supression of new numbers until you got a system where the numbers appeared in a pleasing fashion instead of crowding the screen with numbers.

Maybe I'm just a strange tech-head who'd like to see the exact frequencies of certain peaks, and this is a silly idea... If so, please pay no attention to me...