[Empeg-general] Re: Thought you all might like to see my install.

DeadCow@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DeadCow at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:10:00 GMT

The Alpine CDA-7878 is there as the command unit for the entire A/V system. Everything runs to a versatile link terminal, and I can then select any source to play directly through the head unit. The unit below the Alpine is a DVD/ Multimedia player and is routed to the visor screens and (immediate future, as in, I already have them, just haven't had the gumption to install them) headrest screens. The A/V system is controlled by a Clarion MSS-7100 video controller and plays through AUX 1 on the Alpine. The RioCar plays through AUX 2 on the Alpine. XM is installed, as is a CD changer (old... WAY before the MK2.. or even MK1.. it just keeps on going ) This way, all the music and sound has the same curve, digital time correction, and enhancements across multiple platforms. The ability to set the RioCar to fix 0dB is something VERY cool when integrating a system like this. There's two last components to add to the system.. a game console and a DVD changer... I'm getting rid of the in-dash DVD unit. After that, the A/V system is all done.

Sorry for my run-on, but I love car audio. It's what I do for relaxation.