[Empeg-general] Re: Digital Out?

DBALKUNJR@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DBALKUNJR at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:26:00 GMT

Sorry for not getting back to you about your question to me. I must say though, I sure hope you say what you say in jest.  I have been extremely busy with work and family and have not had time to even check out the links you guys have supplied.  I appreciate your prompt response but, lighten up!  I have been reading this board since it's inception so I am no stranger to it.  I just never really bother to post unless I have a question or something useful too add.  with that being said, let me get down to business.
I misrepresented myself in saying I wanted to use a better DAC.  Why I really want the Digital Out is because with a digital crossover, I can help eliminate any potential noise that might get picked up by running a 20 foot length of analog signal through out that noisy environment.  Also the 24 bit Burr Brown DAC in the external processor would be nice.  I am sure this difference will be subtle I do have to agree.  But I have an excellent ear IMHO.  The audio system in my car is worth in the neighborhood of $12k.

As for the sub control I have many many options including what is listed in the FAQ.  I was just fishing around to see if there was any other way to set it up.

As for MP3 ripping and encoding I am using Musicmatch 7.0
CBR @256.  I have never had any problems with my MP3's quality.

.....Maybe I should have posted this in wish list.

Dave