[Empeg-general] Re: If I started building home docking stations......

silamanajik@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org silamanajik at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:46:00 GMT

They will be completely wired inside for home AC, ethernet, maybe USB and I am trying to figure out a way to get the higher voltage outputs setup to use instead of the RCA's on the back of the player. I emailed Mr. Moss about sleds, looms and other extra parts but it made the price of the completed station to much so I decided to put my engineering to work and make everything from scratch. I will be manufacturing the sled as part of the unit. As for the serial port, if the user wants to upgrade to player version he will just unplug his power supply from the back and bring it over to his computer and hook up. But I will probably try the first one with all the connections. We'll see how it goes. The only thing the buyer will need is the power supply that came with their empeg. I have to wait on the price until after I get the prototype done to figure my parts and labor into it. It won't be more than a weeks pay.... just kidding... if you can afford an empeg or riocar you will be able to afford this.