[Empeg-general] Re: If I started building home docking stations......

yn0t_@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org yn0t_ at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 04:27:00 GMT

Well I would pay a decent amount ($150?  $200?) for a well-built home component box for my Empeg, as long as it was exactly to my specifications.  BBS user Loren built one that would be *perfect* for me for about $80 (that doesn't include the cost of the car mount he used on it though.)  I wouldn't be using a car mount to hold mine inside, ideally.  But I love the idea of using a rack mount box as he did.

I don't care about a switch on the front.  The things that would be important to me would be being able to just plug in my Empeg and have it connect to power, serial, Ethernet, and the home RCA jacks.  I realize this isn't elementary to do without the car mount's help, but it's the way I would want it.

The design of your box is okay, but I would really want something rack mountable, as that's where I've got my stereo equipment.