[Empeg-general] Re: If I started building home docking stations......

mail2mm@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org mail2mm at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:33:00 GMT

I am definitely interested in a home enclosure for my player.  I assume you can produce a nicer looking unit than I can so I am willing to pay a reasonable price and buy one or two.  I like the idea that it would not require the use of my docking unit.  I do not particularly need a power switch on the front panel especially if it would result in a bigger unit.  I would definitely like Ethernet and USB would be nice.

Because I am not using a 19" rack for my stereo equipment and tend to favor simplicity in my audio gear I would like the enclosure to be as small as possible consistent with the player thermal requirements.  I would concur with an earlier suggestion that adapter ears for rack mounting satisfy the rack mount requirements.  Vertical units in a rack are 1.75".  The player would not fit in a 1U space so 2U or 3.5" becomes the minimum rack space.  Perhaps the unit without rack adapter could be a lesser height and the rack mount adaptor could also fill in the extra vertical space.  The EIA RS310C 19" Rack Mount Specification is available at www.eia.org.

I am looking forward to seeing your product.  Good luck.