[Empeg-general] Re: If I started building home docking stations...

tms13@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org tms13 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:04:00 GMT

Me too - ideally, I'd have one at home using the docking connector for audio and the power plug for power (so it knows it's on AC), and one at work with serial and Ethernet in addition.

Both with AC switched on player insertion (so I'm not wasting energy running the transformer when the sled is empty).  No need for a separate power switch.  I'm assuming a 120/240V switched or autoswitched input with an ordinary IEC connector so I can get a lead for any country.

It'd be nice to be able to set the Mute and Dimmer inputs, and I imagine some may find it handy to have the amp control line exposed.

Tuner connector?  If so, I might add myself to the tuner preorder list...