[Empeg-general] Re: Digital Out?

Gazz@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org Gazz at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:29:00 GMT

I use SB Live in my Music/DVD PC with a custom 20 meter Toslink optical cable to my Pioneer Receiver in the Lounge room I haven't got expensive speakers, just really good ones and a big Sub, so that's where the DAC is, as close as possible to the AMP, I Dunno what brand the DAC is in my amp I doubt it's a bur brown and I am going to cop a lot of flack here but MP3's played there (R3Mix'd and all that for better Quality) sound Much Much sweeter than my Empeg played in the car with a Sony Xplode setup or my Computer room Games and test amps, and that's a pretty good 200 watt phillips deck and the rear speakers is a 100 watt JVC Amp

I hear Zero Hiss and Zero PC noise, The PC source is so much further away from the Amplifier and being optical zero loss and Zero noise pickup along the way, I also have an Copper Digital feed for 5.1 from my Hollywood Decoder, and get the same great noise imunity, Use a remote Com port IR receiver in the lounge and radio IR Relays and you can get the Winamp jukebox to flip the MP3's remotley even on the Garden Amp, a must have! kill it now if a really embarassing Barry manilow comes on random.. ok so that's 200 watt 12V system and those speakers I made myself does sound pretty crap and the neighbors hate that one unless they are at the BBQ

I am upgrading to an Audigy in that PC soon, I don't expect a great leapin quality but I still doubt I will like to listen to Empeg in house. the Empeg's place is in the car where it belongs.

The only reason I might want to put it in the lounge stereo cabinet in a docking box or something would be for the cool displays, But half the time it would leave an Ugly hole and wrecks the Fung Shwee of my stereo cabinet, never happy....

Actually I did run a Headphone cable from the computer room all the way down the outside of the house and next to my bed, the Empeg is pretty good for playing anti Smoking Hypnosis MP3 to My Wife at night, It's not working.

Cool use for Empeg I find is playing MP3 Audio books/Stories to my kids on long car journeys. though you tend to fall asleep and nearly drive off the road. I want to put headphone jacks in the back of the car for the kids and my Wife and I can listen to the radio or the old CD head unit, I am thinking of a second amp in the car connected to the unused rear Empeg outputs

Thanks for putting front and rear outputs on Empeg Doods. !!

Toslink output on the EMPEG - Now that would have been Kewl...

Gazz