[Empeg-general] Re: No. California Owners Meet Poll

amaximow@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org amaximow at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:17:00 GMT

I finally had an opportunity to get some more details on the SF Boat House.  They can definitely accommodate a large group (50+) people for our meet.  If fact the manager penciled us in for Sat, May 25th and has "reserved" the outside patio and 2nd bar room which is adjacent to the game room.  There's plenty of room to spread out too, out of the dock, out on the lawn, etc.  Get this, we don't have to give him a deposit; he wants me to call him about 1 week ahead of time and give him an estimate of attendees so he can line up extra staff.  Everyone orders and pays for their own food and drinks.  I ate there last weekend and $20 definitely went a long way.  Their menu has a variety of burgers, fries, and club sandwiches and about 9 beers on tap.  Prices were reasonable, between $6-$9.  So, $20 bucks goes a long way, with change left over for the pool tables.

As far as parking goes, there's a huge lot just a short walk from the Boat House where we can do some drag racing, and parTAY!!!

So this place is nothing fancy, but seems to meet all the criteria, and is really no-hassle in terms of accomodating a large group.  So what-da-ya-say???

--Andrew

PS: If the cops show up, remember, my name is Rob Voisey