[Empeg-general] Re: Remembering EQ settings...

genixia@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org genixia at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:45:00 GMT

ir_translate is your friend for this particular problem. I think that it might be a good post-2.0 feature request for the empeg guys though, if enough people wanted it.

It can't be done easily internally within hijack. I've kinda gotten intimate with the eq code in the kernel recently, and the only way that it could be done there would be a pain for the user to set up, and a code kludge. The kernel only sees the values for a particular eq when they get set, and due to the extremely limited flash available for hijack storage, it couldn't store eqs to apply at will. That means that the eq values would have to be in config.ini, which means somehow getting the values to the user so that he can put them there....each eq comprises 20 sections, each is 4 bytes. So to set up 4 eqs to correspond to 4 inputs would entail copying 320 bytes into your config.ini. Plenty of opportunitys for typos to cause nasty eq problems..Even if this was desirable, you then wouldn't be able to tweak eqs from the player.

In player-land, this could be accomplished quite easily, if the empeg guys could be persuaded that it'd be a beneficial feature.

But the simplest solution is the one tht Tony already suggested.