[Empeg-general] Re: change a gif into a bootup animation? huh?

Calvin eternalsun at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:12:00 GMT

Well, Windows XP has a backwards compatibility mode that lets you select 95, 98, Millenium, NT, and 2000 emulation for a particular program.  Nothing seems to work.  The pod racer star wars game is the only game I haven't been able to get going.  Even Maniac Mansion works, and that was well before Windows even existed.  Pfft.

It just seems to me, that if it is truly a Direct X game, then it should not be bugged by OS.  As it is, the piece of history was that Windows NT did not have the latest directX editions to run most games, and during that time period, game companies blocked games from running under NT kernels.    This is what I'm suspecting.

Calvin