[Empeg-general] Re: ISO to US Antenna Tuner Cable Adapter

fede@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org fede at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:05:00 GMT

While I normally have great respect for the information you put forth in this forum, I must disagree with you on this.

I did finally make something work, however, it did not come from any stereo shop and certainly not from Radio Shack.

The antenna connector on the is apparently a standard connector for the European market, but here it may as well be a pariah.  No one at any mainstream electronics retailer I went to had ever seen anything like that connector before.  I finally found a wholesaler that thought he recognized it as a PAL connector.  Upon further inspection it turned out that it was NOT a PAL connector.

I finally bought a couple of male and a couple of female PAL connectors and a motorola type cable.  I had to take pieces from all of these.  I cut the pieces on a small lathe and then silver soldered an assembly together that fit the existing outlet on the tuner.  It is not the most elegant solution but it works and the signal is strong.

I do take exception to the statement that it is a very common adapter available anywhere.  That may be true in Europe but not here.  If it were true I would have never made the post in the first place.

Aside from that I really value this forum as a great asset to the Empeg community.