[Empeg-general] ok, this is getting even weirder - no hard disk

njdboy@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org njdboy at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:10:00 GMT

So I opened up my empeg today to put in a new hard drive cable sent to me by David Moss. I tested it before putting the cover on and all seemed well. Wouldn't you know it though, as soon as I got everything back on, and tried to boot it I get the same "no hard disk" error, and the noise of my hard drive clicking over and over again. Why is it so touchy? AM I doing something wrong? I have dual Fujitsu 30 GB drives. I would hate to think one of my drives went bad, but I don't think it did because it things go according to the way they have been going, my player will boot at some point tonight and will run like a charm until I try to boot it again. Any ideas?