[Empeg-general] Re: My Own Empeg Remote

svferris@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org svferris at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 01:19:00 GMT

Right now, I just have it stuck on with some tape, applied to the back of the remote.  It's holding pretty well, actually.

The card stock paper is pretty sturdy too, which is nice.  I think when I have some time I'll try to print out a better copy.  When I was at Kinko's, I printed out the design on a Tektronix color laser printer.  It actually looked pretty good.  They then took that and made a color copy onto the stock paper.  This is where there was some degradation in quality.

The other thing I need to work on is the cutting out of the buttons.  I basically did this via a box cutter.  Did a pretty good job, I must admit.  Wish there was a way to make it more precise.

For anybody interested, the remote model number is RC-R0503.  It's for a Kenwood Carousel CD Changer.  I actually had two Kenwood remotes I wasn't using.  This one had a slightly better button layout, though.