[Empeg-general] Re: Kenwood Steering Wheel Remote Configs

hybrid8@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org hybrid8 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 02:24:00 GMT

First, attached should be an image of the kenwood remote.  Next, my IR translations give the following results:

(this is being drawn BACKWARDS, so when you mount the remote on the back of your steering wheel, what you see below on the left, is on your actual left....)

That's the basic functionality of the buttons.  The HushLong can be replaced with a plain Hush using the newest (247) Hijack as well.

The att and src buttons do not allow long presses.  However, you can still add double functionality to them if you'd like, by using the .U and .N modifiers (menu up and not-up).  I'm using this for my info button as well as the buttons that are used to tweak and bring up the popups.  (explained below)

Here are the config entries for the layout:

[ir_translate]
PopUp0=Mark,Visual+,Repeat,Swap,SelectMode    ; temp items in these two popups
PopUp1=Genre,Year     ; these are the two remaining tweak items not on a direct button below

;FM button long
b9460D.L=PrevTrack.L       ; Long pressing causes Long press of PrevTrack = REW/SCAN
;FM button
b9460D=PrevTrack           ; Previous Track

 ;AM button long
b9460C.L=popup1        ; brings up the PopUp1 menu (tweak menu)
;AM button
b9460C=album.N, menu.U         ; Tweak by Source (if PopUp menu already up, applies OK button press)

;src button
b94613=shuffle.N, top.U        ; Toggle Shuffle (if in any menu, simulates TOP button press (exits one level))

;NextTrack button long
b9460B.L=NextTrack.L       ; Long pressing causes Long press of NextTrack = FWD/SCAN
;NextTrack button
b9460B=NextTrack              ; Next Track

;PrevTrack button long
b9460A.L=popup0       ; PopUp menu 0
;PrevTrack button
b9460A=artist.N, menu.U         ; Tweak by Artist (if PopUp menu already up, applies OK button press)

;att button
b94616=info.N, info.LU         ;  Cycle INFO ( DETAILS when any menu active )

;Volume+ button long
b94614.L=Pause.L,null        ; Long pressing causes long press of  PAUSE/HUSH Rio button
;Volume+
b94614=top          ; Top front button (which exits menus and pauses music playback)

;Volume- button long
b94615.L=menu.L         ; Long pressing causes long press of Menu
;Volume- button
b94615=menu           ; Menu Rio button

By using the .U with the info above, to get details all I do is press MENU and then press INFO.  This causes the menu to exit automatically and be replaced by the details screen.  Achieving quick and dirty double function from a non-long-press button.   By using the same .U with the buttons I also use for the PopUps, I can just press the same button again to select the currently shown menu item (same as pressing OK/Menu on remote) - very convenient.

These are a few things I thought of a little while back and finally just put into the config today.  I've been kind of lazy, so I still have to go out to attach the remote to my steering wheel (it's also been very cold around here recently...)

Bruno