[Empeg-general] Re: Boot up animation upload

hybrid8@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org hybrid8 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 04:18:00 GMT

You can patch your own kernel before sending it up to the player.  Jemplode's upload utility uses the HTTP funtionality so that won't work for the Mk1(because it's ethernet-only right now).

I'm sure someone can give you the fastest steps to patching the kernel.  Don't know if it's possible to put the logo in after the kernel has been built (ie. right into the binary - I can't see Hijack's own text in there, so I'm guessing no - or not as conveniently as grabbing the contents of a raw anim and dumping it in with a hex editor)

Bruno