[Empeg-general] Re: Neo 35 User-Considering Buying EMPEG-NEWBIE

hybrid8@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org hybrid8 at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 20:45:00 GMT

empegs currently for sale are all being sold at a decent price.  Compare the price to what they used to cost and compare to the price of any other mp3 product for the car.

The reasons you mentioned for discontinuing the product aren't accurate.  The empeg had no competition in its product class.  It simply didn't generate the volumes needed to produce such a costly unit.

Buying a unit with the needed (or more) storage space in it already may be cheaper than upgrading a 10GB unit.  Check current prices to make sure.

There are tools to upload under Linux.  They were around before jemplode and are available at the empeg site (www.empeg.com).  jemplode is easy to install anyway and will allow you to access the player on pretty much any machine in wide use today.  I'm sure someone could make it run on an Amiga even.

But...  As Tony mentioned...  This is all covered in the FAQ.  And specifics about other players are covered on my comparison page.

I notice Mr. Seed has already posted to the forsale group looking for a unit.  Good luck.  It can't hurt to have another running in the Great White North.

Bruno