[Empeg-general] Re: Possible solution to Fujitsu drive problems, etc

robricc@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org robricc at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:00:00 GMT

Sorry to inform you, but it is 99.9% likely that your Fujitsu drives will always act this way. It is not the Empeg software, drive cable, or drive master/slave configuration. I am not sure what Empeg is willing to do, but I will tell you what I did.

I bought 2 IBM Travelstar 30GB drives and replaced the Fujitsus with them. I then RMA'd the Fujitsus just to make sure I get drives that work like they're supposed to (I am not sure what damage letting the drive motors click for 10 minutes every couple days did). When I get back the Fujitsus, one will go toward upgrading my laptop and the other will be sold on eBay.