[Empeg-general] Re: change a gif into a bootup animation? huh?

Calvin eternalsun at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:14:00 GMT

The catch-all in the lucasarts faq is: "To be able to run Racer, you must have Windows 95 or 98 as your operating system ..."  so as I am running XP I am an unsupported operating system.

My system is different from the norm because it has a multiple monitor with multiple graphics card setup.  The game refuses to run with either monitor as primary.  My system also has a CD-ROM/burner and a DVD-ROM and some games seem to prefer particular drive letters.  The game refuses to work from either cd drive. I returned the game.  :-(

I looked at other Lucasarts games and I think all the star wars line of games require 95 or 98.  :-(  It makes me wary to buy any more until they're ready for XP.

Calvin