[Empeg-general] Controlling sub volume via the fader

robricc@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org robricc at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:15:00 GMT

I am going to be redoing the my sound system when I get a new car. I see that Rockford Fosgate and others have remote gain controls for their amps. I was thinking about controlling the sub volume in this fashion:
Have all four stereo channels fed by the Empeg's front outputs
Plug the Empeg's rear outs into the sub amp
Control the sub volume by adjusting the fader (ie. Fader towards the front would result in low bass, fader towards the rear would result in more bass)

This solution seems possible to me. Thanks to v2.00, getting to the fader control is easy as pressing the knob a couple times. Aside from losing the ability to fade the front and read speakers, is there any reason I should not consider this? And, will this work? Thanks.