[Empeg-general] Re: Controlling sub volume via the fader

BleachLPB@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org BleachLPB at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:35:00 GMT

Your idea sounds good.

Last summer when I did my sound in my car, I decided on a slight variation and am quite pleased with it.  I ran the front outputs to my amp, and the rear outputs also run to the bass channel on my amp, and I wired in a fader knob between the rear out on the empeg and the input on the amp.  The knob acts as a passive attenuator to adjust the bass, and it works quite nicely.  It required some adjustments on the amp, but works perfectly.  I positioned the bass knob in my central concole, close to my hand.

I'm probably getting a new car soon, however, and might consider your solution, as it requires less wiring and drilling of parts and taking things apart to install the knob.