[Empeg-general] Tuner volume boost/cut: What levels?

Tony Fabris tfabris at jps.net
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:22:00 GMT

I've been messing with the new features in Hijack by Genixia, the ability to adjust the volume level of the AM and FM tuner modes compared to the MP3 mode by editing config.ini.

Right now, I'm using the following values:

[hijack]
disable_bassboost_FM=1
volume_boost_FM=-2
volume_boost_AM=-6

Has anyone else used this feature, and what levels have you been using? I'd like to compare and see what your perceptions are.

I Don't have one for "volume_boost_AUX" as I don't use any Aux devices. I would imagine that's going to be very variable for people because different Aux devices will have different output levels.