[Empeg-general] Re: Cassette tapes

DarkStorm@empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org DarkStorm at empegbbs-noreply.merlins.org
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 02:45:00 GMT

I guess I should clarify that a little. I used CoolEdit Pro because it uses DirectX plugins. I tried using CoolEdit's noise reduction but it was too time intensive so I used Sonic Foundry's Noise Reduction Plugin which was real simple.

You start recording a few seconds before the music starts and stop a few seconds after it ends.
Then you highlight the section with no music and let the noise filter use that as it's baseline, then apply the filtering effects over the entire song so it removes all similar noise that is present in the rest of the recording.

Hope that helps.